Life isn't about having fun and living in the moment, it is about leaving a legacy so that you can never be forgotten.

Sunday 21 April 2013

Scrapbook Challenge

Amongs all the excitement and activity of buying our first house here and packing up to move, I have tried to keep busy with my scrapbooking.

Let's Scrap had a really great challenge recently where we were asked to create a layout using only one piece of white card stock and black ink and black pen.  We were allowed to use another colour (limited use) but the idea of the challenge was to create a background on the white card stock and not use coloured or patterned paper except to mat the photo.

Ohweeeee!  That was a super challenge for me as I so like to use a lot of paper and do the layering thing.  But once I grabbed the black pen and started drawing and doodling on the white card stock it was such fun.  For my layout I decided to stick to the black and white colours with just a splash of red ribbon and little red hearts for colour pop.  This colour scheme was just perfect for a 30 year photo of the two of us on hubby's 21st birthday celebration. 


And for me, it brought me extra luck... and I was the winner of lucky draw for the challenge.  So that was great for me.... first time I have won a challenge at Let's Scrap.

But for me, this is just a special layout.  Hubby and I, 30 years ago, special moment, special memory.  And I would never ever have thought to do a layout like this and I just love it!! It has to be one of favourite layouts I have ever done!

No comments:

Post a Comment