Life isn't about having fun and living in the moment, it is about leaving a legacy so that you can never be forgotten.

Sunday 25 August 2013

Let's Scrap Weekly Sketch


Hubby is on this way to South Africa 30 August 2013, and I was asked to do a page of the two of us for our great niece, Michaela - for her to remember us.  She will be lucky enough now to meet Edwin on his visit but I have no idea if I will ever meet this little cutie pie.  Sadly this is the heartache of immigration .... being so far away from family ....

So I did this page of hubby and myself.  I based the page on the Let's Scrap weekly sketch 8-21-13.  I need to put in a frame for Michaela, so had to keep the layout flat.  I decided to use a nice big photo of us and play around with a background of soft patterned patterns and flat embellishments.  I framed the photo with a frame of red paper to give the photo emphasis.



This is the sketch from my favourite Scrapbooking site Let's Scrap this week.  I loved the simplicity of it and used it for this layout.


And this is a photo our great niece Michaela, who will get the layout for her bedroom.












1 comment:

  1. Love that layout of you and DH... such lovely colours... you nailed this one.

    ReplyDelete