Life isn't about having fun and living in the moment, it is about leaving a legacy so that you can never be forgotten.

Sunday 30 November 2014

December 2014 - Black with 2 challenge - Ice Blue and Pine Green

Where did November go??  Already 1 December and time to put up my DT sample for the December Black with 2 challenge.  The Mood Board challenged us to use the required black cardstock background with Ice Blue and Pine Green.  What a lovely colour combination!!  And the sketch to use was just as lovely.  Here is the Black with 2 Mood Board and sketch to follow:



I was playing around with a flower and butterfly punch at a recent scrap get together I held and punched out a pile of blue and green flowers and butterflies and whilst playing with them, my whole layout came together for this challenge.  So here it is a vintage page from my children done in these beautiful colours:


I kept it simple with just flower and butterfly embellishments with some trellis and flourish details.  The photo is of my mum with myself and baby brother in our favourite childhood park, Queens Park in Kimberley, South Africa.  Here is some close up of the flower detail.  Some of the flowers were cut  from scrap paper with a die punch and then put through an embossing punch, cute little hand-held punches.  I then combined them with some Prima flowers and used either brads or little pearls to decorate the middles of them.




No comments:

Post a Comment