Life isn't about having fun and living in the moment, it is about leaving a legacy so that you can never be forgotten.

Tuesday 3 March 2015

Graphic 45 Baby Layout

I have been wanting to work on some boy pages, so I started with this baby boy layout using a combination of papers from Graphic 45's latest collection, the Precious Memories and the Botanical Tea collections. As you are well aware I have a passion for G45 and absolutely love working with it.
What I find though is that often scrappers do like them, some love them but think the papers are very busy or "loud" with too many graphics and pictures, and seem to require a lot of layering and fussy scrapbooking - so just difficult to work with..... Whilst I personally love this layering, fussy cutting, 3D style, Graphic 45 is really not that restrictive. These beautiful papers have a lot potential and uses for both conventional scrapbookers and cardmakers.
In doing this particular page I wanted to show that these papers are just as beautiful for clean and balanced classic layouts. As the papers are double sided, there is always a lovely patterned side that can be used - like I used here. The papers are thick weight so they cut beautifully in die cutting machines and just are wonderful to work with. I did a lot of cutting here with my Silhouette Cameo machine to create the rounded edges and trellis overlay - whilst using a classic layout design. And the Graphic 45 papers I used here all came from a 8 x 8" pad. 
Oh the totally cute baby here is my great great nephew who has just about to celebrate his 1st birthday soon.

The cute rosettas I cut with my Silhouette Cameo machine.


No comments:

Post a Comment