Life isn't about having fun and living in the moment, it is about leaving a legacy so that you can never be forgotten.

Saturday 17 May 2014

Playing with Black & Grey and a bit of Gesso

I have so looked forward to scrapping with black and the May challenge over at Black with 2 was just what I needed to get out some black cardstock and get into the black zone.  And just for fun I decided to have play with Gesso to jazz up the black background.  So here is my take on the challenge.  It is always a challenge to get the colours come out correctly on a photogragh, but the brads are actually a soft grey colour and 3 left hand side buttons are shades of grey.



The May Challenge mood board was to use black with soft grey and dark slate grey with an inspiration image of splatter.  The other requirement was to use the sketch provide and the word "life" in your journalling.


So just to describe the detail I used on my page entitled "colour your life", I decided to go for a bright photo of a closeup shot of a brilliant pink geranium bud from my garden.  I first splattered Gesso with toothbrush over the black card to give the background some interesting splatter detail and by chance found the cut-out of 2 flourishes I did for another layout gave a really wonderful effect over some soft grey patterned paper.  I stamped up a doiley and flowers using Tim Holtz Black Soot Distress Ink, combined these with some ric-rac and buttons for the embellishments.

I really love the finished page!  The overall effect of the pink flower gives the layout a wonderful pop effect.
Just a few closeups of the detail:



11 comments:

  1. Hello lady... nice to see you playing along here with us at BW2 this month. I love how you introduced the pop of colour with that spectacular photo. Great job. Lovely layout :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous page, fabulous gesso spatters. Thanks for playing along this month at Black With Two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful! Love how the photo pops off the page. Thanks for joining us @ BW2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the little touches , like outling the button, beautiful layout! Thanks for joining in at Bw2

    ReplyDelete
  5. great page thanks for joining us at BW2 this month xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful page and how much does that photo pop on the page. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The flower pops off the page on the black background, well done, thanks for playing at BW2

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely page! Thanks for joining us at BW2

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this page. The vibrant colour of your rose is perfectly complemented by the black/white/grey. Super sentiment... fits perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect pop of colour! Beautiful work. Thanks so much for playing along with BW2!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love how the black makes your photo pop.... great LO...Thanks so much for playing along with BW2!!!

    ReplyDelete