Life isn't about having fun and living in the moment, it is about leaving a legacy so that you can never be forgotten.

Saturday 31 May 2014

Aaah, having a bash at Mixed Media - NSD challenge

I have gotten myself that all important bottle of Gesso - and of my oh my .... the Gesso bug has bitten!!  Just love using it.  So when I saw a Mixed Media Challenge come up at the Let's Scrap site for National Scrapbooking Month, I just couldn't resist not getting down and getting messy!!

So out came the Gesso, Modge Podge, inky sprays and Ranger Distress Ink pad and lots of scrap paper and even a little lace.  I used the reconstructed page method to create a unique background for my LO.... with lots of modge podge on a sheet of cardstock and lots of layers of my scrap paper with some lace for texture.  When all that modge podge had dried, I spread some gesso all over the page to give it a white wash effect.  Just loved the effect of all that layering, modge podging and white wash!!

I built up my LO on this mixed media reconstructed background using a little misting in places, destress ink on the edges and still a little more gesso on the burlap and edges of the brown cardstock.  My title was made using my newly acquired Silhouette Cameo machine and I added a some embellishments to finish it off.

The photo is a recently taken selfie of hubby and myself taken on a day trip to a local lighthouse.  I titled the LO "Capture Life" because it was just a wonderful day out for us... just a good day enjoying the time with friends and having some fun in the sun.


Will put up some pictures shortly of the detail on the LO.

No comments:

Post a Comment