Life isn't about having fun and living in the moment, it is about leaving a legacy so that you can never be forgotten.

Saturday 8 November 2014

Finally! I got to play with Maja Design paper!!

After dreaming about Maja Design papers and drooling over every page and card I have seen made with this gorgeous range of paper, I finally got to do it all myself.  I just so LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this range and I was in heaven working with it.  It is everything it promises to be!!  Beautiful, romantic, modern vintage and such a treasure to use.  I love the thickness of it and it distresses beautifully.

So here it is - my page made with some random pages from some of the Maja Design collections:


I am crazy about layering papers, so did a lot of layering here and this is where beautiful crafted papers like Maja Design really come into their own and in my opinion are worth using.  The thickness of the paper allows you to easily distress it.  I did damp the edges of the papers with water so that I work the edges into a more distressed look.  I used Maja Design for all the page with exception of the trellis detail and the flourish - even the papers flowers were cut with my Silhouette Cameo from some left over scraps.

Just some close ups of the detail:




Just a comment on the flowers I made.... The paper is really wonderful for paper flowers as you can work it exceptionally well to make soft kinks and bends in the petals to create a lovely 3D effect.

I would also like to credit Page Drafts for their amazing sketches.  I used their sketch #31.1 for my page.  If you haven't checked out their sketches, you really have to - they are amazing!

Well, needless to say, I am now a Maja Design convert!  I am totally obsessed with it!  And am already thinking about my next page.

No comments:

Post a Comment